Our History

Although our present modern multi purpose building was consecrated in 1996, St Stephen's has been a presence in Broadgate since 1869 when the Bairstow Hall (now demolished to make way for the present building) was built.  In 1888 the Victorian church building (also now demolished) was constructed.  

The present Parish Centre is built on the firm foundations of the original Victorian building.  Over the years St Stephen's has changed in many ways and we are a modern, informal church family that seeks to serve the local community.